I’ve been reading about the downsides of using deodorants and antiperspirants for a while now, but being someone that uses the strong stuff, I sort of gave up on the idea that I would ever find a natural brand that actually worked. First off, there is a difference between deodorants and antiperspirants and it’s important not to confuse them as being the same thing. Deodorants prevent our sweat from smelling by masking it with pretty odours. Antiperspirants prevent us from sweating with the use of aluminum.
I do believe that there are a lot of great natural brands out there and some probably work for most people, but our bodies are different and all react to things in their own unique way. Mine just didn’t want anything to do with anything that was remotely close to not containing aluminum. Then Les CocoNuts appeared in our boxes this month and my long search for the perfect deodorant was over. This deodorant smells like coconut, is made of coconut and therefore is good for you and your man (it’s really gender neutral).
Here are a few reasons why you need to make the switch:
- Our bodies sweat because we need to get rid of toxins. By clogging up your sweat ducts with toxic products, you aren’t really helping yourself.
- Say bye bye to yellow stains.
- The use of antiperspirant is one of the leading causes of breast cancer.
- The aluminum in your antiperspirant is probably irritating your skin.
- There is also research that suggests that antiperspirants may cause Alzheimers and Parkinson’s disease.
So, yes, we are suggesting you let your armpits sweat a little, but at least you’ll smell great and you can feel good about using something more natural. That seems like a great alternative to breast tumors and memory loss.