The temperature may be dropping, but my love for smoothies will never die. Most of the time I do have something else with my smoothies, especially when they lack a little protein. I enjoyed a vegan chocolate-chip, coconut and banana muffin made with flax eggs. I would share the recipe, but they were supposed to be pancakes and because they were too thick I had to try to convert them to muffins and they really weren’t that good. Boo!
Spirulina and Hemp are great sources of protein, but this recipe doesn’t include enough for it to be considered a full meal.
This Nana Ice Cream is very simple to make and will look fabulous on your table. It’s packed with the good stuff to leave you feeling great!
Makes 2 bowls.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mango
- coconut water
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- a few strawberries (sliced)
- 2 figs (sliced)
- Place frozen fruit in blender and pour coconut water and almond milk in until the fruits are covered. Add more liquid as you blend if you feel you need to, but to get a good nice cream consistency, it still needs to be relatively thick.
- Pour into 2 separate bowls.
- Top with hemp hearts, strawberries and figs.